1. Krista
    March 11, 2013

Wow! What a great article and take on the fair’s themes. Fun to read! Thanks so much for the shout-out and love for the tART gals!

March 12, 2013

Had a great time exploring the fair with you this year. Was very impressed by the female artists of tART and the way they support one another on projects. So empowering!

2. ehalvey
    March 11, 2013

Those clowns are going to haunt my nightmares. *shudder*

March 12, 2013

Haha! I know. Those shovels were pretty scary too 🙂 You would have LOVED the Fountain fair!

March 11, 2013

That is some funky cool art. Loved the pictures as always – they bring the post to life!

March 12, 2013

Thanks! Fountain is a great fair… loved meeting the artists and discussing their work. Check it out next year!

4. Dave TREE
    March 12, 2013

thanks for the great coverage

March 12, 2013

Thanks for the comment and for the interview! Glad you liked the post. Your clowns will haunt me for years… 😉

5. cathy wysocki
    March 12, 2013

Thanks, Leslie, for checking out the work and putting it out on your blog. Sorry I didn’t get to meet you & fill you in on all the Lumplander info and updates—you might have really been fearful!!

March 12, 2013

Loved the Lumplander series! I can only imagine what additional details you could provide on their backstory (e.g., social unrest, environmental disasters etc). Let us know when you have another exhibit in NYC 🙂

6. Lori
    March 14, 2013

Thanks so much, Leslie. I really enjoyed talking to you. Love your big thematic tie-in of these works. Perceptive!

7. Charu
    March 14, 2013

very funky art, as expected! I’m now afraid for Erika 🙁

March 16, 2013

You made me glad to be on the downward slope of a middle-aged adult. Thanks for this. I think now more than ever, it is time for children to escape these traps by going outdoors.

March 17, 2013

Good point Ted!

9. Matthew Karsten
    March 29, 2013

Impressive art! That mannequin at the end is freaky. Very realistic looking.

10. Nikhil Chandra
    March 29, 2013

Woops! Guns, Guns and More Guns. And Shovels …that really is scary. Art is but a reflection of society so the point is will it be as scary as it is now or could it be a better world for children to come?