1. Kurt Varner
    December 10, 2012

I guess I need to get in touch with my Cajun side.. I’ve never eaten any of those dishes. If you could only recommend one, which would it be?

• Jake Semmel
      December 10, 2012

I gotta say the grilled frogs legs were the best! They were seasoned really well and if you look past the weird veins in them they are delicious.

And all the desserts are awesome as well, the best probably being the beignets.

And definitely avoid the crackle! nasty…

2. Koren @ City Gal
    December 10, 2012

Mmmmm, looks SO good, even the frog legs. The bread pudding looks amazing, as does that cat fish tower!

December 30, 2012

Thanks for the comment! Yes, the Cajun bread pudding is sooo good! We want to make it at home but I’m scared to see how unhealthy the ingredient list is 🙂

3. Gaby @Wanderlifenews
    December 10, 2012

Cajun cooking is definitely creative! I always had fondness for frog legs, first tried them as a kid in Coney Island Brooklyn on the boardwalk! Kind of a far cry from a Cajun Kitchen, but delicious just the same. Thanks for sharing your culinary conquests!
    -Gaby

December 30, 2012

I didn’t know they served frog’s legs in Coney Island! We went there this summer and I didn’t see them on the Boardwalk 😉

4. Andi
    December 10, 2012

Crawfish and beignets..HEAVEN!!!!

December 30, 2012

Beignets rock!!!

December 11, 2012

You tried some unique things – the frog legs actually kind of looked liked mini chicken legs or wings. Love your food pictures!

December 30, 2012

Totally Maria! As a Vegetarian I was creeped out by the frog legs, but Jake thought they were delicious 🙂 Glad he was there to sample the Cajun delicacies (which are mostly meat/seafood based).

6. Rodger DeRamus
    December 17, 2012

I love all of them, but if I had to choose a favorite cajun dish, it would have to be crawfish. I am too old to have to work too hard for my food, so I like the fried crawfish.
    We call them crawdads. I also like Crawfish Etouffee.

December 30, 2012

We have to make it back to Cajun Country in crawfish season so Jake can try the fresh variety. I bet the Crawfish Festival is amazing!

7. Elodie Shipley
    November 10, 2013

37 years I lived in Southwest La., and the item that you have listed that made my mouth water was #6, Boudin. Here is the information that you have asked for….Cajun Kwik Mart, in Iowa,La. had the best Boudin Balls in the world, as far as I’m concerned. I have tried them all over Calcasieu Parish and Cajun’s are far and away the leaders. Hot, fresh, crispy, well seasoned, tender inside and not greasy (that is a key point)as they are deep fried to perfection. I’m told that this store is still in business even though many businesses closed after Hurricane Rita wrecked the area. If you travel the I-10 corridor, make a plan to stop off at Exit 43, and visit Cajun Kwik Mart for a sampling. You will be well rewarded for your time.

December 1, 2013

Thanks for the tip about the best boudin in Cajun Country! We can’t wait to visit again and check out more attractions.