May 19, 2013

Hugh Jackman’s cafe in NYC, Laughing Man is a pretty good place too! All the income goes to a charity. I should check out some of these places. 🙂

May 19, 2013

Yum! I’ve had some pretty good coffee drinks in Italy. They know how to make ’em good!

3. Beth
    May 20, 2013

You need to come to Brisbane, Australia. I just wrote an article for uni and I had the hardest time choosing my top 15 here! We have so many great café’s.

4. Ulyana
    May 20, 2013

The Monmouth Coffee in London is definitely worth a visit! It is in top of my 6 best independent coffee places (I try to avoid coffeehouse chains). Ivano-Frankivsk on air! is in my home city (in Ukraine) and coffee there tastes simply great.

5. Sofia
    May 21, 2013

These places all seem awesome, would love to try Caffe Ladro.

The best coffee I’ve ever had is in Italy. After leaving the country I kind of regret I ever had a coffee there, because nothing has even come close since!

6. Margs
    May 21, 2013

I absolutely love Tapped and Packed, but the coffee at Espresso Room on Great Ormond Street in London is the absolute bollocks! The space is tiny, always a queue but well worth the wait. Flat whites are amazing and the capps are to die for! The baristas are super friendly and sooo cute and the owner, Ben, takes his coffee very seriously. You can’t go to London and not try the coffee here.

Also worth checking out Prufrock’s on Leather Lane. Coffees are amazing, real attention to detail. Loads of seating, a real buzzy atmosphere, especially when the market is in full swing – around the lunch hour.

7. Stephen
    May 22, 2013

Nice, I hit at least two of these. Bummer that I missed Little Amps in Harrisburg while I was there earlier this year.

8. Martha
    May 22, 2013

I didn’t know Hugh Jackman has a coffee shop in NYC. I’ll stop by next time I’m in town. Thanks for the tip!

9. teddy locsin jr
    May 22, 2013

Dome in Singapore and Manila, frothy and thick, a natural sweetness

10. Reg of The Spain Scoop
    May 23, 2013

I live in Barcelona, but when I saw this I HAD to check and make sure Portland, my hometown, was on the list. Check. I haven’t actually tried Coava though.

11. Charu
    May 24, 2013

I agree with Hugh Jackman’s coffee shop and wrote about it! It rocks. Nice finds Leslie!

• Jake Semmel
      May 24, 2013

Thanks Charu! I have to give full credit to Martha, our contributor 🙂

12. Endri Hasanaj
    May 27, 2013

Hello Martha,
    I have to say that this i a good collection of cafes (or coffee shops). I don’t like going to Starbucks but the that is in “Princess Street” in Edinburgh (in front of the castle is unique.
    Greetings from Scotland
    Endri

13. Rachel
    March 13, 2014

Thailand has some of the most amazing independent coffee shops and most have sprung up in the last 10 years.

I moved to Bangkok in 2003 and couldn’t find a decent cup of coffee for love nor money when I first got here (and I refuse to drink Starbucks!).

Nowadays, there are eight amazing indie coffee shops within 3 blocks of my apartment and a few hundred more (literally) within a few miles.

If you haven’t done the indie coffee shop trail in Bangkok, you’re missing a treat 🙂

Nice blog, btw.

14. Vid
    March 17, 2014

Hey Martha,

What an amazing list. I am a self-confessed coffee geek (so much so that I roast coffee at home :)). Fortunately, we live in London, which is full of amazing Independent cafes. Tap and Monmouth (which are on your list) are some that I frequent. Some others are Nude Espresso, Prufrock, Workshop, and Ozone (there are plenty more).

I have tried Blue Bottle and loved their drip coffee. Loved Cafe Lomi in Paris.

Next time you are in London, you should let me know – we shall go on a coffee tasting walk 🙂

15. Restaurant Fitouts
    March 31, 2014

Thanks for giving a list of fifteen best coffee cafes in different cities in the world. Rich people like to drink coffee instead of normal tea. But I think herbal tea is better than coffee. Coffee is hotter than tea by nature. There are various types of flavour of coffee. People love to go to coffee cafes to drink there favourite flavour coffee.Thanks for sharing.