1. Margaret Y.
    August 19, 2012

Loved Vail in June! It was the best vacation my family has ever had. We went hiking, mountain biking, saw a (free!) outdoor concert at the Ford Ampitheather, splashed in Bighorn Falls, and went ziplining over in Eagle. We ate every meal outside, as each restaurant had plenty of outdoor seating.

I’ve never been to Vail in the winter. I don’t want to! I loved the laid-back vibe of summer in Vail and I’d love to go back.

August 21, 2012

Awesome! Sounds like you fit in just about every warm weather activity during your trip to Vail!

2. Arianwen
    August 19, 2012

God I love tubing! Especially when it’s somewhere less touristy and you can take in the sights without the screams of drunken travellers falling into the river! I also fancy doing some outdoor yoga sometime – but not back in the UK because it would be far too cold.

August 20, 2012

Is that a Vang Vieng (Laos) reference? Agree, tubing seems way more relaxed when everyone is sober 😉

3. Gina
    August 20, 2012

Both the sunrise yoga and horseback riding sound like something I’d love to do. I was in Keystone this summer for a few days for TBEX and loved the city! I’ve been to Colorado several times but ALWAYS in the winter, and I was so surprised I loved Colorado just as much in the summer. Would like to check out Vail in the summer, too, now. Looks fun! 🙂

August 21, 2012

Thanks for the comment Gina! Keystone reminded me of Vail– except Vail seemed to have a lot more in the way of shops and restaurants. It is a cute, self contained resort town– definitely worth a visit 🙂

August 20, 2012

This is totally for me since I’m a non-skier!!!

August 21, 2012

Perfect– you need to hit up ski resorts in the warm weather! I’ve also been to a couple of others in the summer, like Little Cottonwood Canyon and Park City resorts in Utah. It’s always fun to take a gondola ride up and hike around the mountain tops 🙂

5. iamthewitch
    August 21, 2012

No points guessing which activity I’d do first – Foodie fix! LOL! I’m not a fan of skiing so this list is perfect for me! 🙂

August 21, 2012

I bet you’d love the Farmer’s Market– lots of locally made treats to sample 🙂

6. Betty Neal
    August 21, 2012

Leslie, so glad you were able to experience beautiful VAIL! Visit http://www.vail.net for lodging, shopping, activities and dining info, as well as our packed events calendar!

7. ciki
    August 27, 2012

I can manage all of the above, except ice skating.. so I’m a happy camper! Great tips!! Love the foodie trail!