1. Cam
    February 12, 2012

Thanks again for including – fun series! 😉

February 12, 2012

Thanks for sharing your expert advice!

2. Nomadic Samuel
    February 13, 2012

It’s great to hear the stories behind these couples and what travel means to them. I admit, I’m ‘Mr. Solo Traveler’ but I admire those who can put up with each other on the road for extended periods of time. Bravo! 🙂

February 15, 2012

Thanks Samuel! It’s so different traveling solo vs. as part of a couple. I think it’s easier to meet people if traveling solo, although it can be a lot more comfortable traveling with a loved one!

3. iamthewitch
    February 13, 2012

Nice stories on these awesome traveling couples!! Definitely a lovely touch for the upcoming Valentine’s Day… have a great Valentine’s Day too Leslie & Jake! 🙂

February 15, 2012

Thanks for the comment! Hope you had a lovely Valentine’s Day as well 🙂

4. Kelly Dunning
    February 13, 2012

Wow, this is a really great series of posts! Thanks so much for including us. Have a Happy Valentines Day! 🙂

February 15, 2012

Hi Kelly! Thanks for contributing to our couples travel post. It was great having your perspective on traveling with a partner 🙂

5. The Time-Crunched Traveler (Ellen)
    February 13, 2012

What a great idea! It’s great to hear how all these couples met and began traveling together. My husband and I caught each other’s interest because a group discussion led to the discovery we had both visited Egypt. Once we started dating, it was a new adventure every weekend, traveling within a few hours of our home. Now we’re married and travel the world! Everyone knows us as the traveling couple! It’s great just to have something in common that we both enjoy doing together.

February 15, 2012

So true! The key to traveling with a loved one is common interests– and patience of course. Thanks for your thoughtful comment.

6. Giulia
    February 13, 2012

Aw, aw, aw!!!
    I love solo travel but sometimes I think it wouldn’t be bad to have a partner in crime:)
    I am sure though, that he/she really has to be the RIGHT person, or travel can seriously screw it all up!
    Love reading about these successful stories… happy Valentine’s day everyone!!!

February 13, 2012

I always have said that traveling is one of the best “tests” in a relationship because you’ll find out really quick if you can make decisions together and be together all the time!

8. miss dominion
    February 15, 2012

Hey, I like what you did with the site! Anyhow, I didn’t read this article because I am single. Please do more stories for SINGLE people!!!! Also, I am curious about how to get other people to fund your trip – like using requests for donations – if you are doing non-profit work, like visiting an orphanage by yourself (if you are single). Do you think that is played out? Lots of Love, Sissie

February 15, 2012

You should do a Google search for your question about working at an orphanage abroad (try “voluntourism”). Sorry, cannot help you on that one!

9. Ciki