1. Kris Koeller
    June 27, 2011

We were in Cancun last summer and it was a ghost town. I hope they can turn the tide, it’s a beautiful place.

June 28, 2011

Thanks for your comment! Hopefully Mexico Tourism’s PR campaign will help turn the tides.

June 28, 2011

This is awesome Leslie! 🙂 Thanks for including my escaping from cubic farm and next travel! Really, NYC meet up is like one of the highlights of my 3 months trip. Looking forward to it!

June 28, 2011

Very excited for your visit to the US, Juno! Your NYC stay will result in the tweetup to end all tweetups 🙂

3. Jeremy Branham
    June 28, 2011

Like the Mexico PR campaign. Hope it includes bloggers (I’ve never been to MExico!). As for Vancouver, had no idea they had launched that site. That is awesome and still saddened to see what happened to that city. And of course, excited to follow Juno on her trip!

June 29, 2011

Thanks Jeremy. Agree– I hope Mexico invites bloggers to “explore the place you thought you knew.” Their immediate coverage (and photos and videos) would help spread the word that Mexico is open for business!

4. ciki
    June 28, 2011

awww man! am so jealous Juno is coming! I want to visit too! 😀

June 29, 2011

Come! There’s room for two visiting bloggers in the US this summer…

5. margret
    June 28, 2011

I hear mexico it the place to visit and the prices are very fair since the economy is dipping.Me and my husband are planning for november to vist, cant wait 🙂

July 5, 2011

It’s a great time to visit Mexico– you can’t beat low prices and lack of crowds! I enjoyed traveling in Egypt this April; there were no lines at any attractions.

June 28, 2011

Thanks for the great summary. Hope you get to meet Runaway Juno when she’s in town!

June 29, 2011

Juno’s visit is a great excuse for a tweetup!

June 29, 2011

Runaway Juno will be bloggnapped by her U.S. fans and will never leave.

June 29, 2011

That is a strong possibility… 😉

• Juno
        July 2, 2011

lol!! (I just left this comment and suddenly disappeared! Well,, not important)

8. Alec
    June 30, 2011

Great summary of recent news…Glad to know Vancouver is back..! The true Vancouver is what you all saw during the Winter Olympics last year….full of greatful and friendly people.

July 5, 2011

Thanks Alec for your comment. I agree– Vancouver is a great city, and the actions of a small group of rioters shouldn’t tarnish its image.

9. Erica
    July 1, 2011

CVBs are really lackluster on getting back to emails. I had emailed every CVB in every state in Mexico, along with contacting companies in Cancun directly with no reply.

I sure hope they pump more money into it because their turn around is God awful.

July 5, 2011

It seems like Mexico is missing a low-cost PR opportunity by not courting more bloggers. It’s a shame the CVBs did not get back to you; you were already in their region, so their only expense would be providing a free tour or attraction. Inviting bloggers to visit Mexican towns and cities would be a great way to dispel negative perceptions– don’t you think?

10. Sarah Wu
    July 5, 2011

Totally understand that Mexico tourism need to do some success PR campaign. I remembered when I told my Travel Agent that I want to have a wedding in Mexico. Her first concern was do you think your friends or family will be okay about it. Since Mexico has so many bad press. I told her yea I’ll explain to them.

July 5, 2011

Mexico just can’t catch a break… did you see the latest news, that a tourist boat sank and several Americans are missing? Hopefully this PR push will help boost Mexican tourism. They have a tough road ahead!