1. Sunny
    May 12, 2011

Jordan really sounds wonderful – friendly people and interesting things to see! Can’t wait to go there.

May 12, 2011

I’d recommend spending at least a week in Jordan. We didn’t make it to Wadi Rum or the Dead Sea; I’d like to go back and see the rest of the country.

May 12, 2011

I liked the way you contrasted the violence in Syria with the peacefulness of the school girls in Jordan to show how safe it is now.

May 12, 2011

Thanks Ted. It really was striking how peaceful Jerash was and how warm the schoolchildren were during our visit. From media reports, you would have thought the entire region was ablaze!

3. Charu
    May 12, 2011

I LOVE how you opted for formal wear with the prescence of royalty looming large. Good thinking! Love the photos.

May 12, 2011

Of course! I wanted to look my best for a royal audience 🙂

4. Jeremy B
    May 12, 2011

Beautiful city! Probably not one of the biggest tourist attractions in Jordan but love the vibe of the city. Ken Kaminesky just posted about Jerash as well and said what a pleasant surprise it was!

May 12, 2011

Love the archeological sites!

6. Ciki
    May 12, 2011

wow amazing Les! Love the video in the middle of Jerash’s ancient forum where the girls are dancing. They seem so carefree! Great post.. u make me wanna visit Jerash this weekend!

May 16, 2011

Go for it! I had never considered a trip to Jordan before I went with the tourism delegation. It really is an amazing country, with many historic attractions. And you’d enjoy the food too 🙂

May 13, 2011

I like the photo of two girls running. What a great capture!
    This trip certainly helped people to understand how safe those places are. All the ruins, people and culture, really beautiful place.

8. Ken Kaminesky
    May 13, 2011

Ha! How ironic to have both posted about Jerash the same day. It’s a great place, isn’t it? It was very quiet when I was there first thing in the morning, no dancing girls, so it’s nice to see something completely different than what I experienced. One of the best things about travel, is the unexpected.

Looks like you had fun Leslie 🙂

May 16, 2011

Good to know Jerash is still an amazing place to visit without the singing school children 🙂 I enjoyed reading your perspective on the same destination!

9. Maria A
    May 16, 2011

That’s great you experienced impromptu singing and got a real feel of the culture there. Great photos and video!

10. Nadia @ Johor Bahru
    December 17, 2011

i believe there must be more interesting place like this in Jordan. amazing!

11. Anca
    March 3, 2012

I visited Jerash ,
    Jordan has many interesting places to see