1. REESE
    September 24, 2012

WOW did all that in a day. Wish I knew would like my gum back. See you at the Asbury Park Zombie walk. 10/6

September 24, 2012

Well, we actually did #11 the night before. Still a packed day of sightseeing 🙂

September 24, 2012

I lived in Seattle for a few months when I had interned out there. Loved it. Your pictures remind me of some of my favorite places like Pike Place Market.

September 24, 2012

It’s a great city! And so easy to see on foot and by public transportation– it’s like NYC in that regard 🙂

3. ciki
    September 24, 2012

Would LOVE to explore pike place market! But that bubble gum wall is scary! LOL

September 24, 2012

Yeah, I did *not* touch it! Hehe

4. Audrey | That Backpacker
    September 25, 2012

If I only had one day, the gum wall and street art would definitely be my go-to attractions. I’ve never really considered visiting Seattle, but from your photos it looks like a fun city! 😀

October 8, 2012

Definitely hit up the Gum Wall in Seattle. It’s surreal!

5. Nomadic Samuel
    September 27, 2012

Great suggestions Leslie!

My personal quirky favourite is the The Gum Wall 😛 This post reminds me of how much I miss the West Coast. I’m from Vancouver Island and I’d love to do a Seattle/B.C. trip in the near future.

October 8, 2012

Vancouver is so close to Seattle– did you visit Seattle a lot growing up? We road tripped to Seattle from Portland, which is another great town. Love the Pacific Northwest!

6. Pretraveller
    September 27, 2012

I visited Seattle for the first time in spring last year and really only had a day to explore. My itinerary was different to yours, with a couple of overlaps.

I stayed in a hotel in the Queen Anne area which was great, and on my first night I thoroughly enjoyed eating at the bar of Petit Toulouse – Southern Cajun cooking at its finest (and tasted even better after over 20 hours in transit).

The next day I walked to the foreshore area and then to Pike Street market, where I spent an enjoyable couple of hours spending up big. I also enjoyed a local style breakfast and lunch while I was there.

I then went back to the foreshore and caught the ferry to Bainbridge Island – great view of the Seattle skyline and a relaxing trip over and back. On my return I walked through downtown Seattle, and then caught the monorail to the Space Needle. I did spend the money to go up to the top and enjoyed the view. I then walked back to my hotel.

A relaxing day out in an lovely town. The next day I visited the Boeing factory in Everett and also went to Snowqualmie Falls. Both were worth the visit.

October 8, 2012

Sounds like you accomplished a lot on your Seattle visit! We took the ferry as well and experienced a beautiful sunset.

7. Charu
    October 1, 2012

OMG the gum wall…EWWWW! But totally kinky and off the beaten path, so like you 🙂 Lovely suggestions, Les!

October 15, 2012

Haha Charu. I agree, the Gum Wall seemed germy. I snapped photos but did not touch!

8. Ayngelina
    October 6, 2012

I didn`t make it to the gum wall, so disappointed.

October 7, 2012

Well, now you have a reason to come back to Seattle! I actually liked the graffiti walls surrounding the gum wall as much as the main attraction 🙂

9. lauren
    October 8, 2012

I just spent the day in Vancouver. 1 day. I wish your article was about Vancouver!!! 🙂 I did get some good tips though… and I rented a bike and saw a lot of nature.

October 8, 2012

Biking through Vancouver sounds fun! Sometimes it’s good to show up in a city without much of a plan. We used a free tourist brochure we picked up at the airport and Yelp to plan most of our day in Seattle 🙂

10. Agness (@Agnesstramp)
    October 11, 2012

Great tips Leslie x I like the shopping, coffee break and dinner idea the most. What would be the budget for this kind of trip?

October 15, 2012

The budget really depends. Our biggest expense was lodging in Seattle; we stayed at B&Bs for about $140 a night. The hotels are super pricey, but you can opt for Air BNB or the Hosteling International in Chinatown. Most of these attractions were free and we got around by public bus, so if you eat light you really won’t spend much at all on sightseeing.

11. Rachel
    October 11, 2012

I can’t believe I didn’t see that gum wall, I was staying at the Green Tortoise right opposite Pike Place. I was so poorly in Seattle I missed nearly everything. Its good to know that when I go back (eventually!) I don’t have to stay for long to see the sights.

October 15, 2012

Hopefully next time you make it to Seattle you can check out the gum wall. It is a great free attraction 🙂

12. Koren @ City Gal
    November 16, 2012

Great list! I think I’m heading to Seattle for the first time next month!

November 20, 2012

Go for it! Had a blast in Seattle. Lots of free and low-cost activities.

13. Tessie
    December 15, 2012

I don’t think I can visit all this places in one day but I’ll try. 🙂 We’ll be going there for the holidays and we’ll visit Santa on the Aquarium and on the Space Needle.

March 3, 2013

Thanks for the comment on our Seattle post! How was your visit to the city? Would love to hear if you have any additional tips 🙂