October 30, 2011

Cool photos, what did you use to make them look like drawings/paintings? Did you or your sister take them? Super cool! We did not get much snow in LI, just slush.

• Leslie
      October 31, 2011

Thanks Maria! I snapped the photos on my iPhone 3G and edited them with the free Photoshop app. Mainly I increased the vibrance, sharpened them and added the border. My iPhone photos tend to be blurry so I enjoy playing around with them 🙂

October 30, 2011

I like how you did with the photo! And I can’t believe it’s snowing even before November. Crazy!!
    Hope everything is alright with you!

• Leslie
      October 31, 2011

All is well, thanks for asking! We lucked out in downtown Manhattan and did not see the massive blackouts and downed trees that the suburbs had to deal with.

3. iamthewitch
    October 31, 2011

Gosh what a snow storm! It’s gonna be a wet Halloween for you guys there! Love the gorgeous picture of you with the umbrella! 🙂

• Leslie
      October 31, 2011

Thanks! Fortunately the weather has improved today (cold but no rain or snow), so kids won’t have to trudge through the snow to trick or treat (in my neighborhood anyway!).

4. Alyson
    October 31, 2011

Love all the effects on your photos! I can’t believe it snowed before Halloween! Global warming?

• Leslie
      October 31, 2011

Seriously– we have had some funky weather this year! A tornado, earthquake, hurricane. What’s next?

October 31, 2011

I sent my skis in for repair at REI a couple of weeks ago. I told them no hurry as I was not expecting any snow until December. Glad this did not happen here. I would have been without skis.

Way to get out there on your beat and take some pictures as the storm unfolded. New York sure has had some freaky weather this year.

• Leslie
      October 31, 2011

Our weather has been crazy! At least we didn’t have an earthquake too 🙂 The snow didn’t stick in my neighborhood, so no cross-country skiing opportunities, alas…

6. Andrea
    October 31, 2011

I certainly don’t miss slushy puddles!! CAnnot believe this came so early…when I moved out of NYC it was during a blizzard that took everyone by surprise in early January – looks like they are coming earlier and earlier…

7. Andi of My Beautiful Adventures
    November 1, 2011

Awesome pics, I can’t believe it’s snowing already!!!

8. Kris Koeller
    November 1, 2011

I kinda loved the snow. Luckily we did our Halloween activities on Friday night, so we spent the entire day napping, recovering and then having hot pot for dinner.