1. Alyson Smith
    February 25, 2011

I love Mr. Blob and his “eye”. I usually associate you two together now as a couple when you write your posts. Who knew there was such an expansive street art mural to go with him!

February 25, 2011

I was surprised how detailed the mural is! It’s so colorful, it makes me smile when I pass it 🙂

2. Dave from The Longest Way Home
    February 25, 2011

Finally the answer to the great avatar question!! Great stuff. I really like street art. In many big cities it’s all grey and nasty looking walls.

Street art really adds a certain “soul” element to a city. I wish more city officials would see this, rather than wash them away!

February 25, 2011

So true! Have you seen any interesting street art in your travels or your current home in Malaysia?

3. Ted Nelson
    February 25, 2011

I thought this was from an upcoming remake of the movie Mars needs women. I was looking forward to the movie, but now I see it is only street art.

February 25, 2011

Oh there’s much more than I knew! 🙂 I love the color. and the possibility of Alien living as our neighbor. 🙂

5. Sarah Wu
    February 25, 2011

So cute, it reminded me of Monster Inc too. hahah maybe bczu he’s blue.

February 27, 2011

Good point! I like this artwork because it’s so cheerful and bright 🙂

February 25, 2011

Great street art. NY has such vitality!

7. Sunny in FL
    February 26, 2011

Great article on Mr. Blob. He looks like a cross between an illustration in a children’s book and a creature in a horror movie. Hope you discover the artist!

8. Wilson Usman
    February 27, 2011

this is what I love the most about NY, people are artistic and free, I also like the inspiration behind it. I find a lot of inspiration from my two sisters all the time to when I write, they just crack me up sometimes though.

He really seemed to have put a lot of effort into this mural, a little crazy, but hey…that’s what art is about right?

Oh and I don’t know who the artist is, and we’ll probably wont know either I bet.

9. iamthewitch
    February 28, 2011

Ah so that’s how your avatar look like up close! I’ve always only seen a small thumbnail version of it and wondered what or who it was you were taking picture with! 🙂 It’s heartwarming to know that the gorgeous artwork was for someone’s sister. I can feel the love already 😉

February 28, 2011

Hehe. Yes, there’s more to Mr. Blob than meets the eye 🙂

10. Paul
    March 4, 2011

I think the artist is called 2501
    I saw a simular piece in Amsterdam

• LeslieTravel
      March 8, 2011

Hi Paul- thanks for the tip! I checked out 2501’s page and the work seems similar. I didn’t spot any alien art though 😉

11. Maria A
    March 4, 2011

The blob with the single eye sort of looks like the red alien character from Yo Gabba Gabba who is a blob with a single eye. Now you know what’s on my TV during the day!

March 4, 2011

Wow, I never thought of that! Maybe this artist has a little one at home 😉

12. Erica
    March 8, 2011

I love the color palette in the pink piece. LOVE! Austin is still very behind in regards to street art so I have to enjoy vicariously through you. 🙂

March 8, 2011

Thanks Erica! I’m grateful to live in a city with so much colorful street art 🙂

13. Mahfuz
    March 19, 2011

hey i must say that its amazing.. actually i didn’t watch such arts before..

14. Samantha
    October 10, 2011

Love the pink one as well. It looks like amoeba’s, and different cell types, etc… mingling. Sort of random/cool for street art.

15. Deb Haugen
    October 10, 2011

I LOVE this artwork! It would be so much fun to have one room in your house like this, oh o.k. next time it rains! LOL