1. Ted Nelson
    December 20, 2010

I get sentimental for the old classics every once in awhile, but you are correct they definitely are not funny. Where is Christmas Story? That must be #6. I loved Bad Santa.

• Jake Semmel
      December 21, 2010

yeah Christmas Story is a given, but I just figured i’d differentiate a bit and leave it out to make room for a few less obvious flicks.

2. Jeremy B
    December 21, 2010

I rarely watch movies but I’ve actually seen 4 out of 5 of these. I really like the Home Alone series – well the first two anyways.

December 22, 2010

You and Jake have similar movie interests! I’ve never seen the Arnold/ Sinbad movie. I’ll have to check that out over Christmas…

3. ciki/@agentcikay
    December 21, 2010

LOL, those movies tend to tickle me pink! I love Christmas themed movies, especially around the festive season. Did you realise that there a non this year? Tron and Black Swan etc etc are all dominating the big screen. shame:o(

December 22, 2010

That’s funny- I just realized that last night! I felt like seeing a holiday movie and there were no options. So strange!

December 21, 2010

Oh my do I love “Home Alone”, yes! I liked first one very much. And I liked second too. The favourite scene is.. that toy store. You know, the owner gave Kevin two doves ornament. The store looked amazing. 🙂 hehehe

December 22, 2010

I was watching Home Alone 2 this week and I fell asleep during the ending, where Kevin starts throwing bricks and terrorizing the robbers. I’ll have to watch it again to get the full experience!

December 21, 2010

Embarrassingly (or maybe not) the only one I saw on this list was National Lampoon Christmas Vacation. My favorite Christmas comedy is Trains, Plains and Automobiles. I am mostly not a fan of Christmas movies. I cringe at a Christmas Carol, Miracle on 34th Street gives me a stomach ache from the treacle. One of my favorite movies of all time is Holiday Inn, I think it’s because a) it’s not really a Christmas movie even though White Christmas made its movie debut there and b) because of Fred Astaire’s marvelous dancing. I also, for some unexplained reason, love the movie White Christmas- but I’ve always been a Danny Kaye fan,

• Jake Semmel
      December 21, 2010

That’s funny you mention Planes, Trains, and Automobiles…that’s maybe my favorite comedy of all time, but since it technically takes place at Thanksgiving I didn’t include it 🙂

6. Jeff Titelius
    December 22, 2010

What a festive article!! And love the new site too! Of course Home Alone is the best of all and deserves the #1 spot in this article!

7. Sarah Wu
    December 22, 2010

I love Home alone 2. I remember I watched it when I was a little kid. When I just arrived in the state. My English wasn’t that fluent but the movie still makes me laugh so hard.

8. Maria A
    December 24, 2010

Love the commentary on these movies. So true!

9. Roberta
    December 27, 2010

WITH Regard to great Christmas movies, see the 1951 version of “A Chrstmas Carol” with Alastair Sims. Its takes place in 19th century when the story was written. Be” sure to see it in black and white and not a colorized version.

10. Erica
    November 29, 2011

BAD SANTA Yes!!!!

11. Dan M
    November 30, 2011

love the home alone films (the first two) but the christmas film that gets me going the most has got to be Just Friends with Ryan Reynolds and Amy Smart!

12. Amer @TendToTravel
    December 24, 2011

bad santa for me too..Happy Christmas to you!