1. Jeremy B
    December 15, 2010

I am all for trying new foods when I travel but I may have to pass on these 🙂

December 15, 2010

Yeah, I think a lot of guys in particular are sketched out by #5!

2. ciki/@agentcikay
    December 15, 2010

ROFLMAO! Jeremy, I don’t blame ya! Most of the time, we don’t even know what it is, till we have eaten it.. then some old lady in the group says.. do you know you just ate … And we are like, WTF?!! (Oh, kill me now) LOL

3. ciki/@agentcikay
    December 15, 2010

Leslie darling, what can I say? Honored to be on your blog. Thanks for putting it up at the speed of lightning and yeah, my post looks way cool on “Downtown Traveler”, if I may say so myself;)

December 15, 2010

Thanks for the post! I’m amazed you tried all of these foods. The pig’s brains and bull genitals look like they have the weirdest texture… you really are adventurous 🙂

December 15, 2010

haha great things! I’m familiar with Pig Intestines and chicken feet but not the others! Not sure I’m up for it! And brain? Hm.. Have to think about that. Reminds me of Indiana Jones..
    Actually Pig Intestines and Cow intestines are common food here in Korea as well. 🙂
    Leslie, you are not going to try those… are you?? 😀

December 18, 2010

Well, the bull penis is tempting, but I’ll stick with my vegetarian diet! lol

• ciki
      June 3, 2012

yeah in Asia we share many strange parts on the dinner table eh? 🙂

5. Maria A
    December 15, 2010

Very adventurous eating! Not sure if I would try these myself, but it sure was interesting to read.

6. Ted Nelson
    December 16, 2010

I am for eating just about all parts of the bull except that one. The other four I would be open to try. Great article and pictures as one would expect coming from Ciki the great.

• ciki
      June 3, 2012

LOL, thanks Ted! I don’t eat these things OFTEN ok!! LOL. But when presented, it’s rude to decline.. haha

7. Lilian
    December 16, 2010

Haha..great post! nice pics too.
    haven’t tried 4 & 5. Although I’m Malaysian, I have to admit the only one I like is #3 chicken feet XD

8. Sarah Wu
    December 16, 2010

Great posts from Mei. I always love her food posts. Yummy and interesting. I have to admit, I had pig intestine and chicken feet! 😀 Maybe it’s a Asian thing

9. ciki/@agentcikay
    December 16, 2010

Juno, i know!! Asia is full of weird icky stuff innit;)

Ted , AHAHAHAHA.. ciki de great? i feel like i should have many battle scars to be worthy of that title.. hmmmm, how bout photography scars, where i scrambled for the shot.. will that suffice? LOL 😛

Sarah darling.. we are what we eat.. good thing we do not look like what we eat ! ROFLMAO!!!

December 18, 2010

Ciki, as always your photos are amazing! I’m honored to have you as a contributor 🙂

December 16, 2010

I always thought I was an adventurous eater- just changed my mind.

December 17, 2010

Everyone has their limits! Fortunately, I’m a vegetarian 😉

11. Michael
    December 19, 2010

Yum! Two of each please.

12. Harriet
    December 21, 2010

This was… um interesting to read! Some of the pictures made me feel a little sick but oh well. I can’t see what good eating pigs intestines would do but I guess the scottish eat sheeps stomachs so why not!

13. ciki/@agentcikay
    December 23, 2010

Lillian! LOL.. u ain’t not chicken then.. eating chicken feet 😛

santafetraveler .. when are you coming to KL? i promise not to make you eat anything you don’t want to eat 😛

Michael : coming right up!

Harriet: see, the Spanish have been doing it for yonks.. why not the Malaysians.. haha

14. Elle
    January 9, 2011

Look, I’m working on becoming a better eater and trying new things but this may be pushing it just a little. I’m not quite that adventurous yet!

15. Alex@buffet in kl
    January 19, 2011

It was interesting to read you post. I do love trying out differnt kinds of food but never tried something like this and not sure if I would ever try these myself. I always thought I was an adventurous eater but after reading your post I realized i stand no where when compared to you 🙂 Anyway do keep sharing your experiences !

16. mike
    January 20, 2011

hehe, bull’s eye made me laugh. thats what travel is about strange and wonderful new food, makes us realise we are all different!

17. Dave from The Longest Way Home
    January 21, 2011

I’ve eaten testicles, and that was enough. I think I’ll be trying to stick with the better more, “approachable” food in Malaysia! And, passing these back to Mei! 🙂

January 21, 2011

Wow, that qualifies you as an adventurous eater! If you do eat any strange foods during your stay in Malaysia, please blog about it. I’d love to see you smiling next to a simmering pot of brains 🙂

18. Jeremy
    January 21, 2011

And here I thought I was manly for eating the baby duck embryo inside the egg in Vietnam. That’s just frightening. How I missed that in Malaysia, I dont know. Maybe I just gorged myself on Indian food too much.

• Leslie
      January 24, 2011

We saw duck embryo on the menu in SE Asia but never tried it. I’m actually a vegetarian!

19. Angela
    January 22, 2011

Oh lord, I thought I had seen everything in China food-wise… Although, I admit, I tried chicken feet and pig intestine. I’ll probably skip the other ones, especially #4 and #5 don’t look exactly mouth-watering 😛

January 24, 2011

Sounds like you are an adventurous eater! I admit, looking at the photo of #5 makes me shudder 🙂

20. Migrationology
    January 28, 2011

Awesome post Mei!!!
    I had some wonderful flashbacks to some glorious bakuteh I enjoyed in Malaysia, spectacular, especially with the chili soy sauce provided!
    Next time I come to Malaysia, I’ll be sure to sample the bulls eye!

• ciki
      June 3, 2012

Thanks Mark! I know you get these in Thais too!

21. Alex Lim @ luxury kuala lumpur hotel
    February 1, 2011

I must say that you are really an adventurous eater.These are really weird kind of food & I really can not even think of putting them in mouth. I wonder how you managed to try them all. In fact i feel horrible looking at the photographs itself. Not my type at all;)

22. Alex Lim@luxury kuala lumpur hotel
    March 1, 2011

Oh my god these are indeed the weirdest dishes from Malaysia which i have come across till now. Though it is not my cup of tea but it was good to know about the Chinese belief that “heaty” foods actually help the body heal faster and more efficiently after injury or surgery

• ciki
      June 3, 2012

Alex , everything in moderation I say! haha.. even bulls balls:P But the Spanish have been eating them since the dawn of time.. and look how gorgeous and lustrous their skin and hair are! LOL

June 4, 2012

Who knew bull’s balls were a natural shampoo? 🙂

23. jjajja
    April 25, 2015

I am from Malaysia and I LOVEEE chicken feet…
    chicken feet soup is my favourite.. 🙂