1. Ayngelina
    June 11, 2012

The beachside camping looks fun but you couldn’t drag me out to do the regular kind.

2. ehalvey
    June 11, 2012

After beachside camping in May in South Georgia, I’ll stick to camping in the mountains or near caves. I thought I would die from humidity.

My #1 item? A lighter. Or beer. Or both.

June 12, 2012

True– humidity and mosquitoes are a risk of beach camping 🙂 I’ve never tried camping in a cave– what’s that like? Any bat encounters? 🙂

June 12, 2012

I’m basically a 1st time camper, so thanks for the good tips. BTW you’re engaging on video!

June 12, 2012

Thanks! Have you been camping on Long Island?

4. Moving Services Maryland
    June 14, 2012

What about a backpack? Is there a specific one you would recommend? I see a lot of campers with huge backpacks, but for many people that would be way too heavy to carry and also not necessary depending on where you’re camping. On the other hand, would a school backpack be too flimsy?

June 16, 2012

My number one camping accessory is a bottle of whiskey. It is not feasible to bring a coolerful of beers when camping.

In #2 you say to not stress out over evening activities because you will be too tired. This is true, but you will really not stress over them with a couple shots of Old Granddad. There is nothing like a whiskey buzz while enjoying a campfire. A plastic bottle of vodka mixed with crystal light also works.

6. Michaela
    June 19, 2012

Very useful article! I plan on taking my first camping trip in September. Why in the world did I never think of camping on a beach?!? That looks like a wonderful experience.

7. mohamad taha hassan
    June 23, 2012

In Egypt beaches deserve to see and camping,it contains the nature and the clear water that has not been never seen

July 2, 2012

I’d like to take a boring picture of me or the tent whenever I Camp. Camera is a must! 🙂 I like the simplicity of camping. I’ve been staying at a comfortable bed for over 2 weeks now, can’t wait to get back to camping!

July 2, 2012

Definitely! It’s always good to have a camera when camping 🙂

9. ciki
    July 21, 2012

Great tips babe.. and I particularly like “dress appropriately” .. wot?? No stilettos allowed ?!! 😛 kidding

July 21, 2012

Lol– stilettos and camping usually don’t go hand in hand. Although you can always leave the park at night and hit the nearest clubs 😉

10. Dee
    October 8, 2012

To add to the ‘bring the essentials’ point I’d say don’t bring the non-esentials. When you’re camping travelling light is good and you won’t need half the stuff you take on a normal holiday. I love camping!

11. marcelillapilla
    December 27, 2013

Hi!! we are a couple, he is from Argentina and I´m from Colombia. We are traveling around Australia and we want to be in the new year eve camping in a beach. do you know any place where we can do it? thankssss!!!! 🙂 (sorry for my bad english)

January 2, 2014

Thanks for your comment! Sorry for the delay– I was traveling 🙂 We enjoyed camping right on the beach in Australia at Ellis Beach in Queensland; we also camped at an RV park near Mission Beach, and at Cape Tribulation in a national park. Hope you enjoy your trip!