1. Cam
    March 1, 2011

Interesting tour! Haven’t heard of this before.

March 19, 2011

Hey Cam! Check out the NYC death tour when you’re in town– it’s a unique experience. Perfect for Halloween 😉

2. Annie
    March 1, 2011

Very cool tour! I got the chills reading this post so I can’t imagine what it would have been like to actually see all of the places!

Definitely going on my list of things to consider when I’m in NYC!

March 19, 2011

Thanks for the comment! Yes, def check out this tour when you make it to the Big Apple 🙂

3. Dave from The Longest Way Home
    March 1, 2011

Well, that’s different! Interesting concept mixing death, humor and a tour!

Have to say that Evelyn McHale’s suicide is an iconic photo. I wonder if it would be allowed today? As in be published in a magazine etc?

March 1, 2011

Good point. I doubt they would publish the photo today in a NYC newspaper– you never see photos of dead people in the mainstream press.

March 1, 2011

What a weird and hysterical idea- we should do one in Santa Fe- the town is littered with bodies- a lot of old burial grounds- plus a few lurid deaths.
    I remember when there was a big Mafia shooting at Umberto’s Clam House in Little Italy. I was working in the at the time. Put a damper on going out to lunch!

March 1, 2011

Wow, the clam house is actually a stop on the tour! You’re a part of NYC history 🙂

5. Alyson Smith
    March 1, 2011

This was an amazing post, I would love to do this tour this Halloween! Very creepy and spooky to ride in a hearse more than once in your life! That photo of Evenly is so hypnotic, she looks so beautiful and peaceful, so sad….

March 2, 2011

Alyson, you would love it!

6. iamthewitch
    March 2, 2011

Wow, what a unique piece of article! Death tour! Definitely a first for me.. and you made it sound sad yet humorous at the same time. Well done! 🙂

7. ciki/@agentcikay
    March 2, 2011

a very cool tour. you will be my personal tour guide when I come visit OK? and food.. lots of food.. u need to feed me too.. hmmm 😛

March 3, 2011

But of course! I just discovered a Chinatown takeout joint that sells 6 dumplings for $1. They’re delicious! You might actually save money when you visit NYC… 😉

8. Stephen
    March 3, 2011

Cool tour…Never heard of it before. Will consider checking it out the next time I’m in NYC.

9. Maria A
    March 4, 2011

Wow, never knew this tour existed. Also never knew all those bodies were below the arch in Washington Square Park – kind of grisly, I use to walk through that park a lot!

March 19, 2011

Yes, very creepy! The most interesting part of the tour was finding out about shocking crimes that happened right in our neighborhood.

10. Jill – Jack and Jill Travel The World
    March 10, 2011

Very interesting. Not sure if I’d do it, but it’s a fascinating read nonetheless.

11. Leslie Koch
    March 19, 2011

Thanks for the comment! As a New Yorker, I never go on tours of the city, but I learned a lot from this experience. Sometimes it’s good to be a tourist in your hometown 😉

12. jade
    March 21, 2011

Really interesting tour- love that you drive around in a hearse! Will have to let my NYC friends know about this one.

13. Vike
    October 22, 2011

Corey Craven did this in the 90’s with Crypt Keeper Tours – did you get her hearses?