February 10, 2011

Oh super! Nerflix seems real good. Can I use the service overseas? Will try. I’m using facebook, skype of course 🙂 groupon is Cool! Wonder Koreans have that.

February 11, 2011

I’m not sure if you can use these apps in Korea, but Netflix is awesome! I mainly stream the movies and TV shows online but have tried the iPhone app too. They have almost every classic TV show you can think of. Perfect for sci fi nerds 🙂

2. Zablon Mukuba
    February 11, 2011

cool applications, i like groupon, they have great deal

3. Alyson Smith
    February 11, 2011

Wow! I have verizon but still have a “piece of you know” what 5 year old flip phone, I can’t wait to get the Iphone knowing there are all these great apps out there. I didn’t know about half of them! Thanks for the post!

4. Ted Nelson
    February 11, 2011

Great list of apps. Someday I might buy an Iphone and become part of the current century.

February 11, 2011

Yeah, it’s about time Ted! There are probably some cool ski apps you can use, and Yelp will be a big help on your Utah trip 🙂

5. Cam
    February 11, 2011

I’m so lame I don’t even have a smartphone! Contract up in T-minus 3 weeks and counting though… time to catch up to 2008! 😉

February 11, 2011

If I can live without an iPhone- I think I can live without the apps-lol. Some day I may break down and start texting, Tweeting and the rest, but hasn’t happened yet.

7. Anthony
    February 12, 2011

Great range of iphone app here. Believe it or not we haven’t tries Yelp yet!

8. Charles Higgins
    February 12, 2011

I suppose I’m going to break down my resistance and invest in one of these things…your article here provides some motivation for me to depart the Ice Age. Thanks..great piece..

Cheers…

9. Ken Kaminesky
    February 13, 2011

Be careful about streaming films in foreign countries and the crazy roaming charges! We often read of people coming back home to $10 000 cell phone invoices because they didn’t read the terms and conditions! Caveat Emptor!

February 14, 2011

Wow, that’s insane! Thanks for the tip, Ken. Very useful info

10. Maria A
    February 18, 2011

With so many apps out there, this article was great for narrowing what we should get. Thanks!

11. Elle
    February 20, 2011

I’m not an app junkie, but I have almost every one of the apps you listed. Well done!

12. JC Glancy
    March 10, 2011

Wow, I already had every single one of these apps before I read this article, they are all awesome some other amazing apps are:

Vlingo for voice recognition, find a map of sushi joints in literally 5 seconds

tripit: for automatically compiling all your travel details in one place seamlessly

Sirius XM: if you want to pay for more premium content

Fonolo: lets you put companies on hold instead of the other way around

check them out and tell me what you think

13. brand
    August 13, 2011

thanks for the post, i am not really into apps ‘thing’ but it’s sure nice to know about these stuff… i enjoyed reading and i am planning on adding some apps from your list.

14. Helen Chris
    August 14, 2011

I love iPhone apps and I think this is very exciting…Thanks!!

15. Peter
    September 30, 2011

Thanks for this great list of apps. Most of them I use already but some of them might be very useful. Like NetFlix or Yelp. Thanks.

16. mystica03
    October 3, 2011

Great blog, I enjoy reading your article.

17. mystica03
    October 4, 2011

Your article here provides some motivation for me to depart the Ice Age. Thanks a lot.

18. hunterX0506
    November 3, 2011

Thanks for the post, i am not really into apps ‘thing’ but it’s sure nice to know about these stuff… i enjoyed reading and i am planning on adding some apps from your list.